Family Dentistry on the Upper West Side
Dentistry for the Whole Family
Caring for your family’s health is one of your greatest responsibilities. It can be incredibly rewarding but overwhelming to take care of everyone’s health and well-being. At 86th Street Dental Center, we offer comprehensive family dentistry to make it easier for you to take care of your family’s oral and dental health.
Your family’s overall health is dramatically impacted by oral health, making it crucial to take proper care of your family’s teeth and gums. Dr. Kirsch provides complete family and preventative maintenance for all ages, including toddlers, children, and the elderly. As a family dentist, he monitors each patient’s dental history throughout their life to make sure any issues are caught early and treated promptly.
Why See a Family Dentist?
Some advantages of family dentistry include:
- Convenience: Your entire family receives dental care in one convenient location on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, NY.
- Knowledge: Family dentists are experienced in dental care and oral hygiene for all ages. They have pursued continuing education to address specific dental care needs at every stage of life.
- Familiarity: Family dentists are aware of your family’s dental history and any dental health issues that run in your family and are proactive about getting ahead of these issues.
- Comfort: When children see a family dentist, they are comfortable seeing the same doctor they know and are friends with as they grow older. For children, it is reassuring to see a doctor they know their parents trust.
- Education: Children who see a dentist when they are young learn proper oral hygiene at a young age and continue to care appropriately for their teeth and gums throughout their lives.
- Prevention: Routine dental care for the whole family helps prevent minor problems from becoming major oral health issues.
Dr. Kirsch and his team want to give you and your family the best quality dental care! Call today with any questions or request an appointment online.Call Today! Schedule an Appointment Map & Driving Directions
Preventive Dental Care
One of the most critical aspects of family dentistry is preventive care. Our goal at 86th Street Dental Center is to maintain each patient’s oral health, whether they are six or sixty. We practice a full scope of preventive dental care and encourage our patients to schedule preventive checkups every six months.
Teeth Cleaning & Checkups
“The best defense is a good offense.” This is true about dental care as well. Having your teeth checked twice a year, followed by teeth cleaning by a dental hygienist, is your best protection against cavities, gum disease, and other oral health problems.
Practicing good oral hygiene at home helps keep your teeth and gums in good health between professional cleanings. We teach patients proper brushing and flossing techniques and how to monitor their own dental health.
When your child begins to see their dentist at a young age, they are more likely to follow through with regular preventive care as they grow. With proper pediatric dental care, your child can continue enjoying healthy teeth and gums throughout their lives.
Even the best brushing and flossing techniques cannot reach every nook and cranny of your teeth. Applying dental sealants to your teeth, particularly the molars, helps keep food debris and plaque out of surfaces brushing and flossing cannot reach.
If a tooth is decayed or damaged, Dr. Kirsch makes every attempt to save the tooth. Removing the tooth may be the only way to prevent infection or damage from affecting the gums, adjacent teeth, or jawbone if the damage is too severe.
Arestin is a dental antibiotic that is applied to the base of the teeth and below the gum line to prevent periodontal disease from returning. If you have had gum disease in the past, this powerful antibiotic can keep it from returning.
Gum Disease Treatment
Patients with gum disease should schedule regular appointments for preventive care four times a year, even after acute treatment has ended. Periodontal disease treatment must be intensive and ongoing to prevent the infection and symptoms from returning.
If you or a family member is due for a dental cleaning or checkup, contact our office at 86th Street Dental Center Phone Number (212) 579-0213 for an appointment or use our easy online form. A checkup and professional teeth cleaning is the first step toward a healthy, beautiful smile.